- Fashion Styling
Fashion styling is the art and science of combining different pieces of clothing to produce certain styles that are both aesthetically beautiful and appropriate for the situation in which they are worn.
A fashion stylist is a professional that works in the fashion industry and offers this service to those who need help choosing clothing and accessories for their lifestyle from someone with outstanding taste.
A fashion stylist must keep up with fashion brands, their collections, current trends, and the expectation of future trends for this reason.
To help in the process of developing fashion looks or fashion styles, a fashion stylist must have a thorough understanding of the occasion that their client must attend as well as the various silhouettes and fabrics that flatter various body types.
Fashion stylists must create fresh styles for a variety of clients that largely complement the client's personality, character, and personal aesthetics.
Skills / Processes:
A fashion stylist's core talent is their passion for using apparel and other lifestyle products to create styles.
As potential clients may come from their personal connections or through a referral, they must actively cultivate these relationships.
In order to be approachable and dependent on their services, they also need to be able to establish personal networking abilities.
In order to create unique styles that have never been done before, a fashion stylist must keep up with the most recent fashion collections and trends.
A stylist can develop their aesthetics, abilities, and sense of self by actively working on projects, whether they are solo or group efforts.
Fashion Styling is the skill of fusing different fashion and lifestyle items to produce looks that are original, visually beautiful, and that fit the client's personality as well as the occasion they are attending.
Although its employment prospects have no set, unchanging outlines, the most common careers in fashion styling are as follows:
- Personal Styling - Personal styling is constructing a "image" of a client that is consistent with their personality, line of work, and mannerisms. Choosing hairstyles, personal grooming routines, skincare and cosmetics routines, clothing styles, as well as etiquette and self-esteem growth, all fall under the category of personal styling. Image consulting, personal shopper, and celebrity stylist are further terms for personal styling.
- Editorial Styling - Photo sessions for print, digital, or any other new media of publication are part of editorial styling.This also entails picking and choosing photos that are seen as trends or that are intended for usage in many related professions, like fashion journalism.
- Wardrobe Styling - The fashion stylist who specialises in wardrobe styling focuses on building a "wardrobe" for TV shows, movies, plays, dramas, and other forms of entertainment. For actors, actresses, musicians, dancers, TV personalities, and any other relevant people, fashion stylists design the styling. Show style is another name for this type of styling.
- Commercial Styling - In commercial shots, such as photoshoots for fashion and lifestyle products or any other commercial company, models or figures are styled to seem a certain way. Depending on the needs of the project, the stylist can select the models, photographers, crew, and location.
- Catalogue Styling - When creating a catalogue for their product presentation and display, fashion stylists collaborate with designers or artists. The term "products style" refers to the creation of this for use in retail and merchandise.
- Corporate Styling - Corporate styling is another professional option in fashion styling. In order to convey the identity and brand of the organisation, it is concerned with developing styles for various corporate offices or facilities. This includes developing uniform designs or any other clothing standards.
- Show styling - Show style entails developing outfits for a variety of occasions, including fashion shows, public gatherings, press conferences, weddings, and other social gatherings. The fashion stylist can choose the models, location, and photographer depending on the project.
- Fashion Styling - Within the context of the fashion industry, there are numerous job options for fashion styling. Fashion styling, however, has application across many businesses that demand sensitivity to the display of clothing because fashion is not just something that the fashion industry does, but something that even humans perform. Fashion stylists need expertise in the creative and inventive production of looks, as well as knowledge of the type of styling they are performing, the objective, the client body type, and personal aesthetics.
Fashion Styling Schools to Consider