- Jain University
About the D-School
> The D-School is poised to unleash the creative streak of the students through innovative approaches to design education comprehensively powered by one of the top universities, The Jain (Deemed-to-be) University.
The D-School offers rigorous, studio-based learning that engages the creative students in focused imagineering, interdisciplinary inquiry, and practice-based collaborative learning.
At the D-School, the students will embrace change, creativity and critical thinking abilities. They will be empowered to translate ideas into tangible forms both physical and digital.
The D-School would be known for its unique, adaptable academic programs, industry - academia partnerships, commitment to research, and a blended pedagogy involving experiential learning opportunities with the industry.
All the BDes and MDes programs are approved by the AICTE, Government of India.
About Jain Deemed to be University
Established with an aim to provide quality education and entrepreneurial development, Jain (Deemed to-be University) is an intellectual destination that draws inspired students from more than 38 countries to India’s Silicon Valley - Bengaluru.
Spread across five campuses, the University has been consistently ranked among the top private universities in India by India Today Nielsen Best Universities Survey.
Over the last ten years, the University has made conscious and concerted efforts to build on its strengths and consolidate its achievements.
From academic discoveries to athletic records, from artistic creations to scientific breakthroughs, students are defining Jain (Deemed-to-be University)'s success in many different ways.
Unique Pedagogy at the D-SCHOOL - some first’s in Design Education
- Choice-based selection of subjects / Projects - Enables the candidates to pursue their desired specialization / favoured tracks of ‘Skill’, Concept’ OR ‘Research’ & to pursue maximum number of full-circle Projects (9 in B. Des & 5 in M. Des) as against 5 & 3 in other Design Schools/ Institutes
- ‘Portfolio Preparation’ & ‘Presentation & Communication Skills’ are Credited Courses – which take the students through a ‘Formal Process of Strategic & Effective Communication’
- Strong Industry- Academia Partnership Models - Opportunities to work on Real-life / Client Projects from the day One of the Specialization
- Curriculum offers a mix of inputs on ‘Theory’, ‘Skill’ & ‘Knowledge Assimilation’ through Research & Project Work
- Introduction of 2 Colloquium Papers – Equipping the students with the skills & processes of
‘Putting their thoughts together’ in ‘Communicative Writing & Expression’ for Gaining Competitive Advantage
- Series of Industry Exposures Participatory Learning & Rapid Synthesis of Knowledge & Industry Expertise
- Focus on ‘Creative Imagineering’ Through the Process of ‘Opportunity Finding, Effecting Strategic Innovations’ & ‘Design Thinking Led Research’ for ‘Insight Generation’ – as Complementary to ‘Learning by Doing’
Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Industrial Design (Product Design , Retail & Interior Space Design)
- Communications and Media Design (Graphic Design, User Interaction and Experience design)
- Lifestyle Products and Accessories Design
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks (40% incase of candidates belonging to the reserved category) in Arts, Science, Commerce or any other relevant stream and should have a reasonable grasp over English.
- Candidates must have passed 3 year Diploma with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and should have a reasonable grasp over English.
- Candidates must have secured a rank in UCEED conducted by IDC of IIT- Bombay or should have a valid score in JET-DESIGN EXAM conducted by Jain University.
Master of Design (M.Des)
- Strategic Innovation and Design
- User Interaction and Experience Design
- Candidates must have passed a Bachelor's Degree of minimum 4 years duration with a minimum of 50% marks (45% incase of candidates belonging to the reserved category) in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Fine Arts, Applied Arts, MBBS or any other relevant stream. Candidates must have a reasonable grasp over English.
- Candidates must have secured a rank in CEED conducted by IDC of IIT- Bombay or should have a valid score in JET-DESIGN EXAM conducted by Jain University.
Application to the D-School
Click here to apply
Dean’s profile and Message
Click here for Dean's profile and message
Click here for Faculty Profile
Application Fees: Rs 600 /-
Registration Fees : Rs 15000 /- ( One time )
Tuition Fees: Rs 3,60,000 Per year
Degree providers: Jain (Deemed-to-be University)
International Student Exchange Provided: No