- Overview – NID (UG), UCEED & Private Design Schools
- DQ Labs Coaching – Classroom, Online & Self Study
- 2022 NID & UCEED Full Prep
2022 NID & UCEED Full Prep
|| Package Description
| Program Duration
|| Mode of Teaching
|2022 Full Prep (Prelims + Mains)
||2022 NID UG & UCEED Full Prep (Prelims + Mains)
|| 9 to 12 Months
(400 Hours + 40 Bonus Hours)
| Online or Classroom
||Rs 75,000/- + GST
Details of Live Online Classroom & Home Study Material
These are sessions directly related to students learning and their preparation towards entrance exams. The learning is the most comprehensive preparation available to students. Students get Live Interactive Classes, Self Study Material and some external resources to do further study.
- Sketching Classes: These are live classes conducted by our expert faculty. Students can interact with the faculty and clear their doubts during the class. The classes include Fundamentals of sketching like Perspectives, 2D sketching, 3D Object Drawing, 2D Graphic Sketching, Human & Animal Figure Drawing etc. The Advanced Classes will comprise of more complexity in exercises. The student will be guided to deliver higher level outcomes. Personalized feedback is given to students and they are skilled sufficiently to reach the next level. Additional exercises may be given.
- Aptitude Classes: These classes include Fundamentals of Aptitude and Practice Sessions covering most likely topics associated with General Awareness, Visual Spatial Ability, Mental Abililty, Analytical Reasoning & English. The content includes theory, Videos and images which are well structured for a deeper understanding.
- Exam Readiness Classes (Prelims): These consist of Mock Tests, Creative Thinking and Master Classes. Here, students are expected to take mock tests and the discussions / reviews happen during the class. The objective of these classes are to consolidate students' learning and ensure that they are ready for the exam. Areas of focus are ability to identify and deliver what is expected out of each question type and time management.
- Self Study Material: Full Access to DQ Edge Self Study Material (Online) till the end of the academic year (generally June). Additionally, Sketching videos of sample drawing solutions are included to help accelerate student learning. The Award winning platform delivers to every student a personalized study strategy. It also gives the student a snapshot of their level of preparation. If used well, DQ Edge is a game changer in the success of every student.
- Private Design School Prep: Many students and parents opt for private design schools as back up / primary plan. It is recommended that students apply to at least 3 - 4 private design schools to keep options open. This course includes preparation for any private design school entrance exam in India including UID, ISDI, Pearl Academy, Srishti, MIT etc. Sometimes, parents and students need personalized guidance in choosing a private design school based on personal requirements such as budgets, locations, courses, faculty, brand, placements etc. The management of DQ Labs is open to such personalized guidance on request.
Details of Mains Prep
Preparation for Mains is complex and needs focussed attention, time and effort. At DQ Labs, these classes may start from the beginning of the academic year. Students develop skills and familiarity with various materials. Students get Live Interactive Classes, Self Study Material with videos, exercises and access to work of previous students including toppers of previous batches.
- Material Handling Classes: These are live classes conducted by our expert faculty. Students can interact with the faculty and clear their doubts during the class. The classes include working with a range of materials including Paper, Cardboard, Fabric, Thermocole, Straws, Ice Cream Sticks etc. Personalized feedback is given to students and they are skilled sufficiently to reach the next level. Additional exercises may be given.
- Exam Readiness Classes (Mains): These are special classes to ensure that the student has a strong push nearer to the exam. These classes include Previous Year Question Papers, Master Classes by expert faculty, Interview Prep, Group Activities & Discussions, Audio Visual Round, Doodles, Observational Exercises and other possible areas.
- Portfolio Guidance: While Portfolio may or may not be required at NID's or IIT's, it is important that students work towards this. It gives them clarity and direction in how they want to present their thoughts and ideas. As part of this, we provide Digital Design Classes where students learn various software and digital skills. The also get expert guidance and feedback from our faculty. This helps them show a variation in their skills and also adds a professional touch to their portfolio.
- Prep for Unexpected Situations: NID Mains is always unpredictable. Hence, students must be ready for surprises. They need to be familiar with Audio Visual Rounds,Interview Rounds, Group Discussions and other possibilities. These are planned ad hoc during the sessions given by DQ Labs
Bonus Sessions - Enhancing Passion & Exposure
These activities help build a students mindset and attitude. While students are focussed on exam preparation, DQ Labs believes that exposue removes barriers and boundaries. Interacting with professionals or actually working on live projects gives students a professional edge. We have received consistent feedback that DQ Labs students are toppers in their Undergraduate / Post Graduate programs
- DQ Labs Conversations: These conversaions happen once a week throughout the year. Here, various guest speakers are invited to give tips to students to make their preparation efficient. Topics range across Tips from Previous Year Toppers, Exam Approach Strategies, Exam Updates and Changes, Attitude Development etc.
- Design School E-Meets: This is an opportunity for every student to meet the managements of the top schools in India. Apart from just the academics, there is a philosophy and experience that each school offers. Managements of these institutes drive this philosophy. In these sessions, parents and students get to ask their questions on Philosophy, Management, Infrastructure, Fees, Timelines, Faculty etc. It is recommended that parents attend these sessions as well.
- Industry E-Meets: Interact with Professional Architects & Designers of National and Global repute. This series is created specifically to give ideas and create awareness of the opportunities that exist. Professionals also talk about their personal journeys and how they were able to capitalize on various opportunities to create their niche. Generally, 8 to 10 industry professionals are invited throughout the year.
Additional Opportunities - Live Projects & National Level Competitions
DQ Labs reaches out to various organizations to offer these opportunities to students. Students are expected to actively participate in these events to fuel their passion
- Design Hackathon: DQ Labs Design Hackathon is an National Level Inter-School Design Competition This happens every August and students of DQ Labs can opt to be a part of the organizing committee or participate in the event themselves. This way, they are able to work on their organizational and management skills which is very important for personal development as a budding architect.
- Designothon: This is a platform which helps NGO's get professional guidance for free from Professional Designers. The projects they may face could be from Graphic, Videos, Social Media, Packaging etc. Students of DQ Labs get to work with these Professional designers - an opportunity of immense proportions!
- Live Projects, Paid Internships & Competitions: There's nothing like working on Live Projects. Up to class 12, students really need to absorb as much as possible. Working with industry not only gives a student high level exposure, but also gives them professional experience that they can boast about on their portfolio. This way, they actually get to apply their concepts learnt to a real life project. Some of these are paid and some are free. But students get certificates for their work.
Need more details?
Fill up the Enquiry Form and our counselors will get back with you.
DQ Edge - Accelerate Learning
DQ Edge is a learning platform that helps students prepare for creative entrance exams, from the comfort of their own home.
Exams that are catered to are NID, UCEED, CEED, NIFT, FDDI, NATA & JEE Paper 2
DQ Edge is hosted on the Xamplay Edutech Platform which is the winner of the 2019 NASSCOM Design4India Award
Learn Content - Your Digital Textbook
The learn section Contains Theory, Quizzes, Videos, Explanations etc.All topics are covered including – Sketching, Aptitude, Mathematics, General Knowledge & English
Learn Mental Ability, Analytical Resoning & General Knowledge on DQ Edge:
Depending on the test that you are preparing for, there are various subjects - Mathematics, Visual Spatial Ability, Mental Ability, Analytical Reasoning, English, General Knowledge and a lot more!
All content is organized in a very simple manner so as to help you learn quickly. Each subject has Chapters, Sub Chapters, Concepts, Practice quizzes, variations in questions. There are a lot of external references and video tutorials as well.
Learn Design Sketching on DQ Edge:
An interesting aspect is the Design Sketching section. Design Sketching, like the other subjects, also has its own structure - very different from art.
There are techniques - and then there’s creativity. If you really need to stand out and top the entrance test, your creativity has to be at full throttle.
In some cases, we also show you sample sketches - along with the video of how that sketch has been made. Check out the example below or
This makes it extremely easy for you to learn and improve your design sketches on DQ Edge
To help improve your sketches, you can also get your sketches evaluated by expert faculty and your peer group. Find out more about Sketch Evaluation here.
Practice Tests - Your Personalized Mentor
The Practice section helps you evaluate your learning. There are various tests - subject wise, chapter wise and full length mock tests. You will find the personalized suggestions the most interesting feature in this section
An overview of this section looks like this:
Here, you will find Mock Tests, Past Year Question Papers, Topic Wise questions and Full length Mock Tests.
Personalized Suggestions on DQ Edge:
If you look at the section closely, you will find the “My Suggestions” Box. This is the most important feature of the Practice section of DQ Edge.
Practice as you know is key to evaluate what you have already learnt. But we look at Practice differently. For us, if you need to practice, you just don't need to know what you got right or wrong. If your test could tell you what specific topic you need to study in terms of priority, then that would help you out tremendously.
We at DQ Labs put in a lot of effort to be able to scientifically let you know how these suggestions are generated - We use a patent pending “Multi Dimensional MCQ Technology”
Patent Pending Multi Dimensional MCQ Technology on DQ Edge:
This is an award winning technology invented by the founders of DQ Labs and is hosted on Examplay Edutech learning Platform. This patent pending technology has won the prestigious 2019 NASSCOM Design4India Award.
You can find out more about the award from here
The difference between the a regular MCQ and the Muti-Dimensional MCQ is below:
In a regular MCQ, you will have a standard question with answer options and a submit button.
The information that you can get from it is limited and will help you to a limited extent.
In a Multi Dimensional MCQ, you will have a standard question with answer options. However, the magic happens with the submit button. An example is below:
Here, we are asking the student to input another layer of data - i.e. How did they come up with the solution.
They will choose from the following:
- Knowledge / Formula - only if they have looked at the question and immediately used the right formula or knowledge to get to the answer
- Elimination - if they choose to look at the answer options first and then choose the answer from the options
- Random Choice - If they are unable to come up with the answer from the above two methods and need to guess the answer
Note: Sometimes students may use multiple approaches to come up with the solution, however, they need to choose the dominant approach.
This way, the student is actually introspecting on how they are coming up with their answers.
A wealth of analytics is generated from this technology as listed below
How students can Interpret Analytics on DQ Edge:
The Analytics that are generated from DQ Edge is as follows:
- True Score
- Preparation Strategy Insights
- Attempt Strategy Insights
These are 3 very unique insights that no other technology platform in the world can give. These are scientifically generated and if used properly, can help a student improve learning significantly in a much shorter period of time.
These are explained below in detail
The point of this section is to understand the actual Metacognition of the student - clarity in what they know and what they don't know.
Here, the student understands that in their scorecard - they have actually got some answers right even through guessing. They understand that these are topics that they still have to work on.
In this section, the marks scored by Random Choice are not considered so as to show the True Score of the student.
Preparation Strategy Insights:
The point of this section is to help a student know how they should be utilizing their time most effectively, in the run up to the exam.
Here, we look at the break up of the approach. Sets of coloured cards are shown to the student showing.
- Specific Topics to study
- The priority which which these should be studied
- The marks that they would have gained had they studied these
Red Cards: If a student answers using Knowledge or Formula and gets the answer right, then the student has mastered the topic. However, if they have got the answer wrong, then there is deep concern with these topics. The student is displaying a misunderstanding with concepts and hence, needs to unlearn and relearn these topics
Orange Cards: If a student uses Elimination as their approach, and may get some questions right or wrong, then these topics show as improvement topics. These are to be done in 2nd priority, only when the topics red cards are revised.
Green Cards: These are mastered topics, and students have generally used Knowledge or Formula as their approach and got them right. Students do not need to focus on these topics and can utilize their time to focus on the topics in the Red and Orange cards.
Subject Wise Performance: Here, students can also analyse their overall performance in each subject. They can see graphically, which subject they need to spend more time on.
Ideally, there should be more green or orange and less red in the graph. The graph should also be almost complete. The graph above shows minimal preparedness for the exam.
Attempt Strategy Insights:The point of this section is to get a strategy to maximize their marks during an exam.
- Green Topics - are those which the student has mastered and must answer immediately in a short time span.
- Orange Topics - are those which the student may take a little more time than average to solve and hence, must be attempted as soon as the green topics are over
- Red Topics - these are topics which the student must attempt last as they may take more time to answer these questions.
However, we do recommend that the student looks through all the questions in the question paper. A Red topic may have easy questions as well!
Time Based Analytics:These are analytics that showcase the overview of how they have utilized time during an exam. This will indicate to them how they can improve on time management.
Sketch Development - Fine Tune the Designer in you
The idea is to help a student understand their own level of sketching and match it with the expectations of their faculty. If they share the same understanding, then the student will realize where they need to improve themselves. The results are outstanding!
Students need to
- Access the Learn section to get a thorough understanding of Design Sketching fundamentals and assignments
- Access the Practice Tests section to get their sketch assignments within a mock test
The questions will be displayed and students need to understand the questions clearly.
They also need to understand the various parameters they would be judged on once they complete the assignment. So they are clear what they need to focus on.
Once they complete the assignment within the stipulated time given, they are required to upload their sketches and Rate their own sketches by themselves.
When a student rates themselves, they give almost perfect scores
Faculty rating for the same sketch
The difference between the student rating themselves and the faculty rating is evident and is an eye opener for the student.
Students will also be able to see comparable sketches for the same assignment done by other students - only after their sketches are uploaded. This way, they get inspiration from their peer group as well!